Re: write alignment matters?

On Tue, 21 Jun 2011, Michael L. Hitch wrote:

Next time I've got my Amiga on, I'll try the test program there. I've also got a 53c875 in an Alpha that I plan on testing.

  Running the test program on an Alpha with an onboard isp(4), it appears
to run correctly. It also appears to run correctly on the 53c875 esiop(4). This 53c875 is the same type of board that's in an i386 system that was failing when using odd addresses. I'd suspect that the i386 DMA may require an even address. I've got an amd64 system with an isp(4) and Compaqs with ciss(4) that I'll also try testing.

--
Michael L. Hitch                        mhitch%montana.edu@localhost
Computer Consultant