Re: mount -o extattr (extended attributes)

On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 01:03:48PM -0400, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
> As you've observed, this poses an increased risk of filesystem corruption,
> and this code is not sufficiently robust to handle such corruption on
> system startup without crashing the kernel.

With -o extattr it works fine, as the root is mounted without extended
attributes, and remounted with EA eanbled after fsck.

I understand that this implementation is weak, though. I do not have enough
time to address the problems, so I will not argue for adding UFS_EXTATTR
to generic kernels. I still think -o setattr can be be useful, as it
makes the thing a bit more usable.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
manu%netbsd.org@localhost