Re: add DIAGNOSTIC back to GENERIC/INSTALL

rmind@ wrote:

>   Otherwise, not getting information from DDB
>   is just counter-productive, plus we get not very useful reports, when
>   backtrace is missing.

FYI, OpenBSD puts the following message on entering ddb:
---
        db_printf("RUN AT LEAST 'trace' AND 'ps' AND INCLUDE "
            "OUTPUT WHEN REPORTING THIS PANIC!\n");
#ifdef MULTIPROCESSOR
        db_printf("IF RUNNING SMP, USE 'mach ddbcpu <#>' AND "
            "'trace' ON OTHER PROCESSORS, TOO.\n");
#endif
        db_printf("DO NOT EVEN BOTHER REPORTING THIS WITHOUT "
            "INCLUDING THAT INFORMATION!\n");
---
Izumi Tsutsui