Re: sys/dev/isa/fd.c FDUNIT/FDTYPE

On Sep 25,  6:43am, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
}
} >      The kernels aren't broken and don't require fixing.
}
} The topic is how to add 8th type and currently fd.c uses hardcoded '8'.

     Actually, the topic is asking what the purpose of FDUNIT and
FDTYPE is.  That question has been answered.

} If we can simply change it to 16, why did we introduce complicated
} __HAVE_OLD_DISKLABEL for harddisks?

     Again, disklabels have nothing to do with floppies, or conversely,
the letter part of the "floppy unit" has nothing to do with partitions.

}-- End of excerpt from Izumi Tsutsui