Re: GSoC 2011 project proposal [Add kqueue support to GIO]

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 10:41:37AM +0100, Julio Merino wrote:
> As an example, several server packages have file-notification
> functionality.  One that I'm using is Mediatomb: the lack of proper
> file notifications makes it pretty much unusable because polling is a
> very slow alternative when the trees to monitor are huge.

Julio,

Are you sure that kqueue supports monitoring trees?  I know that
it's possible for to watch a directory with kqueue for nodes
added/deleted/renamed, however, when a process watches directory x/ with
kqueue it won't necessarily wake up if there is a change under x/y/ or
x/y/z/.

Dave

dyoung%ojctech.com@localhost      Urbana, IL * (217) 344-0444 x24