Re: Status and future of 3rd party ABI compatibility layer

On Fri, 25 Feb 2011, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:

FreeBSD (does it even handle FreeBSD 4?)

(1) Can the emulation run real world application and which?
(4) Is the emulation in use?

I was going to say that there are at least packages in pkgsrc that are FreeBSD binaries, but the only one I found with a quick search was wip/rar3. It seems to be actively updated though.

There's also emulators/freebsd_lib, but that doesn't appear to have been maintained beyond pkgsrc-related changes since 2005.

MAgnus