Re: prop_*_internalize and copyin/out for syscall ?

On Jan 17, 2011, at 9:00 AM, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 08:55:00AM -0800, Matt Thomas wrote:
>> returning a proplib via sysctl has similar problems.  I want to use
>> a proplib to retrieve the evcnts ...
>
> sysctl is a special case of syscall, isn't it ?

Yes and no.  The proplib is return as a return of a MIB request so
there's no dedicated argument to be unwrapped as in the the case
of a syscall argument.  So the pref can't be hidden until you wrap
the entire sysctl request in a convenience wrapper.