Softint question.

I have not deeply analyzed the code, but I thought perhaps someone on this list can expand/explain a question that just popped into my head.

(I'm using the VAX port myself, but I think this question is more general.)

When a softint is processed, it is done in the context of the current process (correct me if I'm wrong). What happens if a context switch happens while the softint is being processed. Will the softint be suspended from completion until the next time that process is running? Or how is this dealt with?

The reason I'm asking is that some "odd" observations I've seen on my VAXen might be caused by a behaviour like this, but this is very much just speculation on my part right now. So if someone could shed some light on how this works, it would be wonderful.

        Johnny