Re: Problems with raidframe under NetBSD-5.1/i386

On Fri, 7 Jan 2011 05:34:11 -0800
buhrow%lothlorien.nfbcal.org@localhost (Brian Buhrow) wrote:

>       hello.  OK.  Still more info.There seem to be two bugs here:
>
> 1.  Raid sets with gpt partition tables in the raid set are not able
> to reconstruct failed components because, for some reason, the failed
> component is still marked open by the system even after the raidframe
> code has marked it dead.  Still looking into the fix for that one.

Is this just with autoconfig sets, or with non-autoconfig sets too?
When RF marks a disk as 'dead', it only does so internally, and doesn't
write anything to the 'dead' disk.  It also doesn't even try to close
the disk (maybe it should?).  Where it does try to close the disk is
when you do a reconstruct-in-place -- there, it will close the disk
before re-opening it...

rf_netbsdkintf.c:rf_close_component() should take care of closing a
component, but does something Special need to be done for wedges there?

> 2.  Raid sets with gpt partition tables on them cannot be
> unconfigured and reconfigured without rebooting.  This is because
> dkwedge_delall() is not called during the raid shutdown process.  I
> have a patch for this issue which seems to work fine.  See the
> following output:
[snip]

> Here's the patch.  Note that this is against NetBSD-5.0 sources, but
> it should be clean for 5.1, and, i'm guessing, -current as well.

Ah, good!  Thanks for your help with this.   I see Christos has already
commited your changes too. (Thanks, Christos!)

Later...

Greg Oster