Re: parsepath op

On Sun, Jan 02, 2011 at 09:17:11AM +0000, David Holland wrote:
> Because we have at least one FS that may not want paths being looked
> up to be split on '/', namely rump etfs, and arguably the most
> important simplification to VOP_LOOKUP is to make it handle one path
> component at a time, we need a way for a FS to decide how much of a
> path it wants to digest at once.

Slightly related is something I did for an embedded os, where
I appended /param1/param2 to a device path.
This is particularly useful for passing baud rate (etc) to a serial
port driver - saving the program from havinf to send a random
set of ioctl requests.
I suspect there are other places where not erroring spare
pathname components might be useful.

        David

--
David Laight: david%l8s.co.uk@localhost