Re: Sane support for SMP kernel profiling

On Fri Dec 10 2010 at 23:13:54 -0500, Thor Simon wrote:
> We've fixed SMP kernel profiling, which worked poorly at best (particularly
> on systems with high HZ) since a lock was taken and released around every
> single entry to mcount.  Thanks to Andy for the suggestion as to how.

Nice.  Since you're on a roll, do you have plans to investigate userland
multithreaded profiling?  The only way I've gotten it to work reliably
is to artificially leave libpthread out of the mix, and it's not
multithreaded after that ...

--
älä karot toivorikkauttas, kyl rätei ja lumpui piisaa