Re: radix tree implementation for quota ?

On Sun, 28 Nov 2010 18:27:07 +0100
Manuel Bouyer <> wrote:

> > Wouldn't a hash table work?
> I think it's too dependant on uid distribution, or even how much uid you
> have. a tree scales and adapts better.

I'm not sure I follow, if you size the hash table correctly and pick a good
hash function, it will give you very good results.

You say that current implementation uses an simple array, indexed by uid. This
would be ideal for a hash table. How would a tree scale better?