Re: mutexes, locks and so on...

>> Over 15 years ago NetBSD had a possibility to take everyone into
>> account [...]
> So what you are arguing is that MI needn't be so much MI anymore, and
> that supporting anything more than mainstream today is more to be
> considered a lucky accident than a desired goal?

Looks to me like pretty much exactly what pooka was saying.

> Oh well!  I guess I should go away now.

And me, and everyone else running anything but x86_64 (and, maybe,
i386; I don't know whether that's sufficiently modern to count).

Compilers that page themselves to death unless given over twice the RAM
a uV2 maxes out at.  Decisions driven by "a megabyte of disk costs
what, $0.00008?".  Now this.

bqt, wanna start a fork?  Looks as though NetBSD no longer supports
most of the architectures it used to.

\ / Ribbon Campaign