Re: pmap_extract(9) (was Re: xmd(4) (Re: XIP))

On Mon, Nov 08, 2010 at 11:32:34PM +0900, Masao Uebayashi wrote:

> I don't like "it's MD, period" attitude.  That solves nothing.

We've had pmaps which have tried to pretend they were pmaps for some
other architecture (that is, that some parts of the pmap weren't
best left MD).  For example, we used to have a lot of pmaps in our
tree that sort of treated the whole world like a 68K MMU.

Performance has not been so great.  And besides, what -are- you going
to do, in an MI way, about synchronization against hardware lookup?

--
Thor Lancelot Simon
tls%rek.tjls.com@localhost

   If the World Wide Web were more than a pale shadow of what Usenet was,
   every single blog entry would be http://preview.tinyurl.com/34zahyx .