Re: RFC: ppath(3): property list paths library

On Tue, Nov 02, 2010 at 01:10:21PM +0100, Marc Balmer wrote:
> Am 02.11.10 02:00, schrieb David Young:
> I like the idea.  Would it be possible to simplify the API, e.g. use
> some kind of path expression in ppath_get_string() directly, without
> having to setup things with ppat_create() first?
>
> switch (ppath_get_string(d, "David Young/favorite color", &s)) {

Slash- or dot-delimited paths is where I began, but it seemed like I
could end up writing a pretty complicated path parser right off the bat,
and then I would *still* want to assemble paths programmatically by
pushing on indices/keys, so I opted for what I have now.

> p would have to be freed after use, right?

Right.

Dave