[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
> I think the uebayasi-xip branch is ready to be merged.
> This branch implements a preliminary support of eXecute-In-Place;
> execute programs directly from memory-mappable devices without
> copying files into RAM. This benefits mainly resource restricted
> embedded systems to save RAM consumption.
> My approach to achieve XIP is to implement a generic XIP vnode
> pager which is neutral to underlying filesystem formats. The result
> is a minimal code impact + sharing the generic fault handler.
Probably it's better to post more verbose summary that describes:
- which MI kernel structures/APIs are modified or added
- which sources are mainly affected
- how many changes are/were required in MD pmap or each file system etc.
- which ports / devices are actually tested
- related man page in branch
- benchmark results
> I asked Chuck Silvers to review the branch. I believe I've addressed
> most of his questions except a few ones.
It's also better to post all his questions and your answers
so that other guys can also see what's going on.
Main Index |
Thread Index |