re: [patch] - add support for >2TB raid devices

On Oct 22,  1:21pm, mrg%eterna.com.au@localhost (matthew green) wrote:
-- Subject: re: [patch] - add support for >2TB raid devices

| that's not what i'm saying.
|
| when version 3 is introduced, all this code will need to be
| fixed.  but your idea depends upon version 3 having the same
| basic layout, which may not be true, and it also doesn't follow
| the existing style.

I am saying that the existing style is broken and if we keep following
it we will be in trouble in the next versionb bump. As far as changing
the layout, why would we do that when we have spare fields? You did not
do it, when it would have been cleaner to make the fields 64 bit numbers.

christos