Re: SLIP coexisting with serial data?

> I wonder if you would need this kind of console even for ddb work.

Well, I want it to work for direct kernel<->user interaction; ddb is an
example of that, but so are pre-single-user things such as userconf and
printing autoconf output.

> If you need console for ddb, things get messy.

Indeed they do.

As I mentioned in another message I sent moments ago, I'm currently
looking at, basically, importing SLIP into the relevant serial-port
driver, so that it becomes not just a tty and console driver, but a
tty, console, and network interface driver.

\ / Ribbon Campaign