Re: SLIP coexisting with serial data?

>> I have a situation in which it would be useful to run SLIP on a
>> serial console.  [...]
> Given how rare the situation is, maybe it's best to do the
> encapsulation/decapsulation in user mode, and feed into SLIP via a
> pty.  (I also suspect that the speeds are low, but I know you often
> run older machines.)

Possibly.  I've had remarkably bad luck using TIOCCONS.  I'd also
rather not wrap the serial data in IP packets.  The speeds are as high
as the machines involved support, which doesn't say all that much.

Given the difficulty I've had trying to figure out how to implement
this, I think I may be better off coming at it from another angle in
any case.

\ / Ribbon Campaign