Re: [ANN] Lunatik -- NetBSD kernel scripting with Lua (GSoC project

On Fri, 8 Oct 2010 16:25:58 -0300
Lourival Vieira Neto <lourival.neto%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> The number format was simply redefined to an integer type. We have no
> built-in fixed point implementation, but you can provide floating
> point as an external library or use your own fixed point
> representation in your scripts.

Makes sense, most likely that integers will be enough for kernel-use
too, that's what was available from C so far :)

> I do not see real problems in stack usage. I think the most important
> concern is about liveness, but I would like to warn that liveness and
> trust problems is also present in traditional loadable kernel modules.

Indeed I don't think the security issues are an immediate concern, as
scripts are likely to be part of the base system for now and installed
by the superuser, and as you said, dynamic kernel modules are already
more dangerous.

Thanks for your answers, and for working on this, BTW.
--
Matt