resent: Fast v.s classic forwarding in NetBSD 4.0(+)

Hey.

Im having problems understanding relation between "classic"
(ip_input.c) and fast (ip_flow.c) forwarding. Could
anyone please explain what exactly is the difference, which mechanism
is used when, and what is corelation
between those two ? I'll be grateful for any response. If it's not the
place to ask such a questions, please let me
know, and point me where shall i ask. Thanks a lot in advance.

P.