Re: PAT & pmap(9) changes (was Re: CVS commit: src)

On Thu, Jul 08, 2010 at 12:12:57PM +0200, Christoph Egger wrote:

> > > No comments on this last version.
> >
> > Some of us scarcely have had time to reply to the second version. :-/
>
> It was enough time for code review. I thought, the way how it works
> was clear after the discussion of the first version stopped.

I didn't see any of the concerns David expressed earlier really addressed
in any way.

I very much appreciate the work on better support for X86 architectural
features.  However, this particular change really seems to me to embed
a lot of X86 quirks in the MI VM system.  I don't like that.  The API
to the MI parts of the NetBSD kernel should not be dictated by oddities
of the X86 MMU or memory controllers.

Thor