Re: kauth and socket calls (esp. bind())

On Fri, Apr 09, 2010 at 01:11:00PM +0000, Andrew Doran wrote:

> Do you think authorization is the correct tool to implement the classic
> bits of zones/jails?  I certainly don't.  What other examples are there?

Having just done a good bit of it yesterday, I think it's an okay tool
for it.  It certainly makes the work very quick.

There are a number of things about kauth that annoy me -- *particularly*
the handling of argument types -- but, with some trivial fixes to 'overlay',
it does make building minor or even major variations on the
"traditional" security model pretty easy.

--
Thor Lancelot Simon
tls%rek.tjls.com@localhost