Re: Intel Centrino 6300 Ultimate-N adapter

On Wed April 7 2010 09:50:33 B Harder wrote:
> Hi.
> We're missing pcidevs + driver entries for the Intel Centrino 6300
> Ultimate-N 802.11 adapater (Vendor 0x8086, Device 0x4238). Is this
> ommission deliberate at this point, or can I safely update pcidevs +
> iwn(4) to try to get this working on my Thinkpad t410 (amd64
> -current)? This driver -does- require a firmware load; it appears Open
> + FreeBSD are associating it w/ the above driver currently, though.

This device is in the OpenBSD iwn driver as

It was added after the NetBSD current driver was ported so I am guessing it
would not work. I have been working on a more recent port that I could send
you to test. You would need to add the pcidevs entry and uncomment the proper
line in the driver. You would also need to get the firmware.