Re: Adding clock_gettime1() to be shared with emulations ?

On Thu, Apr 01, 2010 at 09:52:07AM +0200, Nicolas Joly wrote:
> The attached patch introduce a new function clock_getres1() function
> which has most of the corresponding syscall logic except for the
> copyout call.
> This has the benefit to have all emulations can use it and are now
> automatically synced with the native version (as a side effect, they
> all gain CLOCK_MONOTONIC support i was looking for).
> I'd like to commit it in a few days, unless someone objects ... And
> then do mostly the same for clock_gettime().

I was about to do the same for clock_gettime syscall, when i
discovered the SoC project `Light weight precision user level time
reading' which talks about optimising clock_gettime(2) :

While adding a clock_gettime1() function ensure that all the
corresponding syscalls will be kept in sync; adding a function call
here does not look like a good step towards optimisation.

Nicolas Joly

Biological Software and Databanks.
Institut Pasteur, Paris.