Re: Debugging threaded processes -- ptrace proposal

On Mon, Apr 05, 2010 at 11:36:37AM -0400, Paul Koning wrote:

> Once the necessary NetBSD changes are adopted, I will submit my GDB
> changes to the FSF.  That will enable debugging of threaded
> applications; among other things that will take care of PR bin/30756.

I finally looked at the kernel changes.  They look fine to me, and are
reasonably simple.  But someone more familiar either with the ptrace
or LWP machinery probably ought to look.  Maybe you should ask
core%netbsd.org@localhost?

You say you did the debugger side of this for GDB 7.0.  GDB 7 is GPLv3,
isn't it?  Is there any chance you could implement thread support for
the older version of GDB currently in the NetBSD tree?

--
Thor Lancelot Simon
tls%rek.tjls.com@localhost