Re: kernel module for pad(4)

2010/3/26 Adam Hoka <adam.hoka%gmail.com@localhost>:
> On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 23:14:47 +0100
> Zafer Aydogan <zafer%aydogan.de@localhost> wrote:
>
>> 2010/3/24 Adam Hoka <adam.hoka%gmail.com@localhost>:
>> > Hi!
>> >
>> > Anyone can have a look at this and/or test it?
>> > http://www.netbsd.org/~ahoka/patches/sys_modules_pad.tar.gz
>> > This is my first try at making a module, so any comments
>> > are welcomed. :-)
>> >
>> > Cheers,
>> > Adam
>> >
>> > --
>> > NetBSD - Simplicity is prerequisite for reliability
>> >

>> compiling and installing went fine.
>> but trying to load pad fails:
>>
>> # modload pad
>> modload: File exists
>>
>> Mar 25 23:11:11 desktop /netbsd: WARNING: module error: modcmd
>> function returned error 17 for `pad'
>>
>> do i need to tweak something ?
>>
>> zafer.
>
> You have to remove pad from the kernel config to be loaded as a module.
>
> --
> NetBSD - Simplicity is prerequisite for reliability

I did and now it works fine.

desktop# modload pad
desktop# modstat
NAME             CLASS      SOURCE     REFS  SIZE     REQUIRES
bpf              driver     builtin    0     -        -
compat           misc       builtin    0     -        -
coredump         misc       filesys    1     3064     -
exec_elf32       misc       filesys    0     7163     coredump
exec_script      misc       filesys    0     1187     -
ffs              vfs        boot       0     165969   -
kernfs           vfs        filesys    0     10969    -
pad              driver     filesys    0     4581     -
procfs           vfs        filesys    0     28006    -
ptyfs            vfs        filesys    0     8814     -
secmodel_bsd44   secmodel   builtin    0     -        suser,securelevel
securelevel      secmodel   builtin    1     -        -
suser            secmodel   builtin    1     -        -
tmpfs            vfs        filesys    0     18345    -
desktop#

Thanks a lot, Zafer.