Re: Using proplist ioctl's from within the kernel

On 03/25/10 23:54, Matthias Drochner wrote:

jeanyves.migeon%free.fr@localhost said:
There should be some way to serialize/deserialize prop/plistref
objects  within the kernel, but I never found a solution. I suppose
you will have  to dig deeper than I did :/

I think it should be avoided at all costs. With proplists, you give up type
safety
and you create a lot of overhead. This is acceptable for kernel-user interfaces
in some cases but not within the kernel.

I see; makes sense.

Type safety could be solved through the different prop_dictionary_get_*() functions though, I suppose.

--
Jean-Yves Migeon
jeanyves.migeon%free.fr@localhost