Re: CVS commit: [uebayasi-xip] src/sys/miscfs/genfs

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 03:52:26AM +0000, YAMAMOTO Takashi wrote:
> > Why not adding VOP_GETPAGES_XIP - because XIP is almost transparent to
> > filesystems.  The difference between XIP or not is only where to get pages,
> > which is beyond filesystem's task.
>
> it doesn't sound convincing to me, given that you have a separate copy
> of genfs_getpages for xip.

My intent is to merge it into genfs_getpages().  But that'll involve changes
to genfs_getpages(), and it's beyond my scope at the moment.  I put comments
to reflect my intent that I want to merge two copies.

I hope this answers your questions.

Masao

--
Masao Uebayashi / Tombi Inc. / Tel: +81-90-9141-4635