Re: MI overrides of bus_dma(9), bus_space(9), pci(9)

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 11:11:38PM +0900, Masao Uebayashi wrote:
> > What is *the* "bus_addr_t of a device instance"?
>
> That depends.

On what?

> And this answer has never been answered.  This is why we have all the
> messy MD bus code like rbus...

I disagree (not on messy, MD, rbus, but on above question being unanswerable
having anything to do with it).

> > nor why you would want to do this at all.
>
> Because NetBSD/arm (imx31) had no bus_space_mmap(9).  See

Ah, for mmap - but architectures with multiple MMUs there might not
be a single answer, and if there is, it might not stay constant infinitely.

Martin