Re: removing aiboost(4) as redundant

On Sat, 6 Mar 2010, Jukka Ruohonen wrote:

On Sat, Mar 06, 2010 at 07:57:16AM +0100, Christoph Egger wrote:
On 06.03.10 07:47, Constantine Aleksandrovich Murenin wrote:
The attached patch completely disconnects aiboost(4) from the tree. Also
removed will be files src/sys/dev/acpi/aiboost.c and
src/share/man/man4/aiboost.4.

Fine with me. No objection from my side.

Ditto. Though I still think it should use kmem_alloc(9)... The man-page is
nice too, but I wonder should this be removed:

    "[...]  Whereas on OpenBSD the native drivers have to be specifically
    disabled should their presence be judged unnecessary, on the lm(4) and
    it(4) are not probed provided that acpi(4) is configured and the system
    potentially supports the hardware monitoring chip through ACPI."

Yes I think it should be removed.

However, if we leave it, then we need to replace the "on .Dx the" with the proper OS name (Linux?)!

:)

|   Paul Goyette   | PGP DSS Key fingerprint: |  E-mail addresses:      |
| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 |  paul at whooppee.com   |