Re: Device page

On Feb 6, 2010, at 4:20 AM, Masao Uebayashi wrote:

> This kills phys_addr member at all.  I don't think UVM_PAGE_TO_PHYS() is
> called often.  If we need performance, we should probably vectorize this
> operation, like:
>
>       struct vm_page *pgs[16];
>       paddr_t pas[16];
>       uvm_page_to_phys(pgs, 16, pas);

Well, i need phys_addr for VM_MDPAGE_INIT to set the initial color of a page but
that could be a second parameter to it.

My concern is that if you have several vm_physseg then finding the right could
be expensive.  Or are we going to sort vm_physmem by increasing pa (and then we
could use a binary sort)?