Re: kernel level multilink PPP and maybe (re)porting FreeBSD netgraph

At Sat, 30 Jan 2010 11:37:41 +0900, Masao Uebayashi
<> wrote:
Subject: Re: kernel level multilink PPP and maybe (re)porting FreeBSD   netgraph
> What you need is something like npppd/pipex which OpenBSD has just imported?

Not as it is, as far as I can tell.  (I don't see any new documentation
imported for it -- just a couple of kernel files and the usr.sbin/npppd
stuff, also without manual pages it seems, sigh.)

Does it actually do MLPPP?  I only find mention of Multilink PPP (which
they abbreviate "MP" for some silly reason) in usr.sbin/npppd/npppd/ppp.h.

usr.sbin/npppd seems to be server-only.  I need client code first, then
eventually server support.

The kernel code (if indeed it has any client code -- not sure yet)
doesn't seem to allow forwarding through UDP or TCP.  It does mention
PPTP, and PPPoE in places but those don't really help me directly.

The document I eventually found here:

confirms that this seems to be server/concentrator only.  (that link
sure would have helped me figure this out faster!)

The more I think about it, the more I highly desire the simple way
Netgraph modules can be composed into any graph that meets one's current
requirements, and it's all done without recompiling anything.

                                                Greg A. Woods
                                                Planix, Inc.

<>       +1 416 218 0099