Re: blocksizes

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 04:15:34AM +0000, David Holland wrote:

> But as you may have noticed, I'm not advocating going back to using
> random mixtures of block sizes.

Well, people are advocating different incompatible ways.

>  > It works fine for 16 years now.
> ...that is, it works except when it doesn't. :-P

It still works fine, short of a few bugs in supporting code that
I am going to fix or where I already committed fixes.

If we reach consensus on how disk drivers should be addressed and this
is different from today, at least the changes will be easier then.

                                Michael van Elst