Re: blocksizes

> This is not true for NetBSD. disks are addressed in units
> of DEV_BSIZE by all filesystems and the sector sizes are
> handled by the disk driver. Even the CD-ROM driver
> is no different.

Disklabel in cd(4) requires hardware block size for partition offsets,
but it also uses DEV_BSIZE for sizes.
Isn't it one example of inconsistent hacks?

There is no "right" solution. We can fix the hack with hacks,
or we can also redesign it. Someone[tm] should make a decision.
That's all.
---
Izumi Tsutsui