Placing lwp in uarea [was: Re: uarea swap-out]

Matt Thomas <matt%3am-software.com@localhost> wrote:
> If we are going to get rid of swappable uareas, then we should go all
> the way.
>
> <...>
>
> The separate lwp pool should go away and the lwp should just be placed
> at the bottom of the uarea followed by the pcb.  l_addr should be
> renamed l_pcb.
>
> <...>

Here is the patch placing struct lwp in the uarea:

http://www.netbsd.org/~rmind/uarea_lwp.diff

Few concerns:

- Mess of macros in sys/proc.h, I think __HAVE_UAREA_TOP_LAYOUT should
  rather be avoided by uarea layout unification.

- Perhaps we should revisit zombie LWP state?  Separate uarea allocation
  might be useful for out-of-memory case.

Thoughts?

--
Mindaugas