Re: blocksizes

    Date:        Fri, 22 Jan 2010 08:07:03 +0100
    From:        Michael van Elst <>

  | except that there a lot of assumptions that
  | physical block size is the same as DEV_BSIZE.

Is that really true these days?   I believe there are assumptions that
the physical block size is no smaller than DEV_BSIZE (or more correctly,
that if the physical size is smaller, the driver will hide that fact), but
anything that is assuming that they are identical is most probably just a bug,
that assumption was supposed to have been removed ages ago.