Re: The imperfect beauty of NetBSD

> time cat /usr/pkg/lib/python2.5/test/audiotest.au > /dev/audio
> =>
> [ silence ]
> real    0m2.912s

How large is that file?  In particular, if it's not pretty close to
23296 (2.912*8000) bytes, something is wrong.

> dmesg | egrep -i 'sound|audio'
> =>
> [ nothing ]

Assuming that dmesg by itself produces reasonable-looking output (ie,
so long as dmesg itself isn't broken), this indicates your sound
hardware isn't hooked up to the audio subsystem.  I would expect the
cat to /dev/audio to fail in that case - probably with some variety of
"device not configured" - but I'm regularly surprised by things that
work (or fail) in ways I did not expect.

Perhaps post a pointer to full dmesg?  Someone might be able to say
something useful based on it.

\ / Ribbon Campaign