Re: The imperfect beauty of NetBSD [Was: NetBSD vs. FreeBSD]

alex-goncharov%comcast.net@localhost said:
> ACPI Error: No handler for Region [ERAM] (0xffff800007b1ef00)
> [EmbeddedControl] (20090730/evregion-430)

The handler for the "EmbeddedControl" space is provided by the
"acpiec" driver. Your summary doesn't give any indication that
one was attached. This could be part of the problem.
Whether not configured or not probed correctly... I can't tell
about this driver's quality, none of my boxes uses an embedded
controller.
An ACPI DSDT table dump could be helpful.

best regards
Matthias

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender), Prof. Dr.-Ing. Harald Bolt,
Prof. Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt