Re: Uid comparison in sbreserve()

On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 12:37:04PM -0500, Elad Efrat wrote:
 > I think the first change here was an oversight, because the logic
 > doesn't seem right to me. The process resource limits are only used
 > when both the process is not NULL and the uid from the process'
 > credentials matches the uid on the socket. What if the process is not
 > NULL, but the uids don't match? I don't think it's intended to fall
 > back on RLIM_INFINITY for such a case...
 > [...]

The thing missing from this analysis is a discussion of the
circumstances in which the uids won't match and what happens if in
that case some other user's limits are charged.

(Maybe this is obvious to people who work on the network stack, but
I'm not one of them.)

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost