Re: Locking in disk(9) api

haaaad%gmail.com@localhost (Adam Hamsik) writes:

>I looked at fss driver and I think that it is working by luck only [1]. =
>disk_unbusy iw for example called without any lock held. In [2] =
>disk_busy/disk_unbusy is called without any lock held, too.

Maybe. fss calls disk_*busy in a separate thread, where do you
see concurrent operations?

>If you are ok with my patch attached below I will commit it .

I wouldn't use dk_openlock, just keep a private lock with the
dm instance. dk_openlock is used by the dk driver internally,
it is also abused by ld(4) and md(4) because they replicate
parts of the dk driver.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost