Re: Deferred freeing of kauth_cred_ts

On Fri, Dec 25, 2009 at 12:49:32PM +0100, Adam Hamsik wrote:

> [2] In a MP system you can have 2 threads accessing same list in time where
> one is adding new HEAD to the list and the second one is removing current
> HEAD from it. This can lead to misbehavior or crash.

In *some cases* where you need to keep a local list of things to free,
you can deal with this by keeping the list on-stack.  At Andy's suggestion,
that's what we did in one or two places in the opencrypto code.  I don't
know if it will work for what you're doing but I thought it was worth
mentioning just as a general technique.

Thor