Re: WD_QUIRK_FORCE_LBA48

> > I wonder what should we do in wdc driver in bootloader..
> > (wd.c and wdc.c in sys/arch/cobalt/stand/boot/)
>
> Could we assume that the boot partition is within the first 128Gb ?

Probably no. Firmware loads bootloader from Ext2fs partition
(I guess it should be within first 8GB or so), but our bootloader
loads /netbsd kernel from NetBSD root partition, which could be
larger than 128GB because nowadays sysinst doesn't split partitions
for root and others.

> Also, I guess the IDE controller in cobalt is well know ?

Yes.
---
viaide0 at pci0 dev 9 function 1
viaide0: VIA Technologies VT82C586 (Apollo VP) ATA33 controller
viaide0: bus-master DMA support present
viaide0: primary channel configured to compatibility mode
viaide0: primary channel interrupting at irq 14
atabus0 at viaide0 channel 0
viaide0: secondary channel configured to compatibility mode
viaide0: secondary channel interrupting at irq 15
atabus1 at viaide0 channel 1
---

I'm not sure if we can use LBA48 commands on such old
controllers, though.

> or can it boot from add-on IDE adapters too ?

No, but it might be possible to load bootloader from on-board viaide
and then load /netbsd from add-on IDE once we add support for add-on IDE
adapters to our bootloader...
---
Izumi Tsutsui