[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 03:16:00PM +0100, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> OK, I didn't remember this change. The CVS log suggest this could have been
> an issue with a controller that doesn't work with LBA48, precisely.
Good. I'm relieved I finally managed to convince you that the biggest
problem is our code. :-)
> Come on, it's not convoluted. It's just using the value provided by the
> drive in words 60:61 of IDENTIFY instead of a constant. I believe it
> would even be more correct from the specs POV than using a constant.
Sorry, I meant the code with the quirktable and the not entirely working
code related to retrying in the "LBA48 bug" case in wddone().
I don't feel that it is worth spending more time on whether to check for
a fixed constant or what the drive reports in 60:61. Personally, I'd prefer
the fixed constant until proven otherwise and I would like to convince you of
that. But I don't think it will make a significant difference speed- and
codesize-wise in practice.
Main Index |
Thread Index |