Re: WD_QUIRK_FORCE_LBA48

        Hello.  Under NetBSD-5 I'm using my Ipod shuffle with 2048 byte
sectors without a problem.  So, I think the problem has been partially
addressed, at least.
-Brian
`i
On Dec 16,  6:38pm, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
} Subject: Re: WD_QUIRK_FORCE_LBA48
} On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 06:31:34PM +0100, Christoph Egger wrote:
} >
} > Western Digital brings new disks to the market which
} > use 4KByte sectors instead of 512 byte.
}
} This problem has also been raised a long time ago, with magneto-optical
} devices with 1k sectors. I think we still don't handle this
} (and it's not a problem limited to the ata drivers, the upper levels
} are affected too)
}
} --
} Manuel Bouyer <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost>
}      NetBSD: 26 ans d'experience feront toujours la difference
} --