Re: HAVE_FAST_SOFTINTS other than x86

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 06:58:04PM +0900, Toru Nishimura wrote:
> A larger Q would be whether all the NetBSD ports should
> use HAVE_FAST_SOFTINTS anytime soon?  If not, what
> prevents it from happening?

As many archs as possible should be converted (is there any arch that would
not benefit? I don't see a good reason).

I think nothing prevents it from happening but touching interrupt dispatch
code is always kinda scary ;-)

Anyone who wants to give it a go: it is documented in a big comment block
right at the start of src/sys/kern/kern_softint.c.

Martin