Re: KAUTH_GENERIC_CANSEE

On Sat, Nov 14, 2009 at 01:34:33PM -0500, Elad Efrat wrote:
> Hi,
> I would like to change that, but I'm not sure how. What "looks good to
> me" is to add a back pointer to the process in struct file,

You can't do that, 'struct file' can be referenced by many processes.

I have thought about removing the linked list between 'struct file'
(because it requires a global lock ...).
IIRC the only user sthose sysctl commands.

Possibly they could access the files process by process using a 'scan and
mark' technique to avoid returning duplicates.

That would allow you to only show files referenced by accesible processes.

        David

--
David Laight: david%l8s.co.uk@localhost