re: Improving RAIDframe Parity Handling: The Diff

   On Tue, Nov 03, 2009 at 06:02:05PM +1100, matthew green wrote:
   > - newfs tends to dirty a huge portion of zones.  for my 250GiB filesystem,
   >   newfs dirtied 1491 out of 4096 zones, which is a few more than the total
   >   number of cyl groups:
   >
   >     using 1425 cylinder groups of 184.30MB, 11795 blks, 23296 inodes.
   >
   >   these zones cleared up a few minutes later, without syncing 1491 * 64MB,
   >   so this will only be a problem with a crash in the minutes after a newfs

   I'm sorry but I don't understand why this is a problem. It should only
   mean that the parity rewrite takes longer. What am I missing?

nothing.  that's exactly what i was saying.  if the system were to crash
shortly after newfs, >1/3rd of my map was dirty.  that's a lot.  but that's
all i was trying to say above...

.mrg.