Re: How to make character devices in non spec-fs file systems

On Thursday 29 October 2009 13:04:52 der Mouse wrote:
> why do you want I/O to go to your filesystem code rather than to the
> device driver appropriate for the device?  The latter is what I'd
> expect based on what little I know of devfses.

Hi,

Currently it is just because of some special features like cloneable devices
which are not supported by specfs. Else I could maybe wrap my FreeBSD-devfs
into the NetBSD-specfs layer.

VREG has one problem in that FIONBIO ioctls are not forwarded to my layer, but
VFIFO works fine.

Thanks for your time!

--HPS