MSI and MSI-X (message-signaled interrupts)

Greetings, all,

While researching the 82576 NIC to see if I could simply lie to the
driver ("it's an 82574!") to get the NIC running in a hurry, I found
several useful features... some of which require MSI or MSI-X.  Note
that MSI[-X] is attractive _ipso facto_, anyhow.

I also see this thread:

What efforts are under way w.r.t. MSI[-X], and how might I assist?

Everquick Internet -
A division of Brotsman & Dreger, Inc. -
Phone: +1 316 794 8922 Wichita
DO NOT send mail to the following addresses: -*- -*-
Ditto for broken OOO autoresponders and foolish AV software backscatter.